Oct.14th/08
After getting the motorhome serviced in the morning and then another repair in the afternoon, we finally left Penticton around 4 p.m. and headed to Omak to spend the first night at WalMart.
We got an early start the next day and ended up in Baker City, Oregon. It was a beautiful sunny day, so I got the chairs out and didn't close the bin door and promptly ran into it and now have a lovely abrasion on the corner of my left eye. I was sure lucky not to break my glasses.
Jackson, Nevada was the destination the next day. Cactus Pete's Casino has an rv park which was only $13 per night, but of course a lot more than that was spent in the casino.
Friday night we stayed in Ely, Nevada and it was only 2 degrees when we got up in the morning, and by noon when we went through Vegas it was 30 degrees. The next stop was Laughlin and we decided to stay there until Monday.
On Sunday we did a little side trip to Oatman. What a quaint little old mining town. We had a Buffalo Burger and what they call Burro's Ears which are the best potato chips I have ever tasted.
We just had a short trip Monday to Parker, Arizona and are here for 2 nights. There is no cell service here and I thought I would have to go to the clubhouse to use my computer, but some nice person has an unsecured linksys router that I am on at the motorhome. We were able to use the MagicJack to make a few calls to Yuma to see if we can find a lot to rent for the winter. We'll leave here on Wed. a.m. and have a couple to check out.
We are staying across the street from the beautiful Emerald Canyon Golf course that we played last year. There was hardly anyone golfing this afternoon as it is too hot. We might try the driving range tomorrow as Ron has not picked up a club since we left here in the spring. We are right on the Colorado River and it is just a short walk to a floating pub called The Roadrunner. We went over for nachos and beer for dinner.
There are no restrictions here regarding the river as everything is built right on the banks, unlike home where you have to be back at least 30 meters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Glad to find you in my email tonight. I have never done this blogging before, so am going to say hi, sleep well, and hope it all works.....
Post a Comment